1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pumpkin Soup

This is a wonderful book!  It was perfect for our lesson and snack because we were going to try pumpkin soup.  "Eeeew!!"  They worried... It seems like I am always referring to Green Eggs And Ham by Dr. Seuss.  "Wait a minute, remember when he said he didn't like the green eggs and ham and then he TRIED them?"  I ask.  That jogs their memory, and they are usually brave about trying new things.  We have been learning all about pumpkins from seed to harvest.  We now know that we can eat certain varieties!
We drank ours from a cup.  Only one girl DIDN'T like it, and I wish I had taken a photo of her facial expression.  It was lovely.  ♥
It was a fun adventure to try something that we had just read about!!
The illustrations in this book are beautifully done.  My photos don't quite express that..  I am just not a budding photographer.
You can find the pumpkin soup recipe that we used here.  Happy Tuesday!  It's a beautiful blustery Washington day today! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment