1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pick Flowers But Stay Out Of My Garden

I've had some flower pickers enroll at Henle House before.  I know that most girls love to pick flowers in anticipation of giving them to mom  at the end of the day, but having them snatched out of the garden without my knowledge always irks me... We all have our buttons, right?  Like the Tori Amos song "Datura", I want to yell, "Get outta my garden!"  It usually takes some training.  NO, those green tomatoes were not for you to pick, but thank you anyway. ;)  Go check the grass for clover flowers and dandelions!  They make a great little bouquet. There is a point to my rambling this morning- it's September.  Time to pick flowers!  They took their sweet time this year, but are now ready. The vase above was for a secret pal.
Have you ever put spearmint in your boquets?  I love to do this.  Not only do they last a very long time, they actually grow roots while in the jar and then I can plant each stem somewhere that I'd like to be bursting with spearmint next year.  The gladiolas were begging to be picked, they were laying down.  I love fresh bouquets!
We had a visit with my nephew over the weekend, did some salmon fishing, laid in the sun at the lake, and enjoyed time together before school starts this week. Happy Tuesday! ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment