1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Visit A Farm

September is a great time to start adding trips to local farm stands into our schedule.  My preschool group is very small, and I am now VERY excited about this because we are no longer stranded!  We went to visit Stocker Farm yesterday to look for three items: apples for the dehydrator, zucchini to freeze for zucchini bread, and small pumpkins to decorate with.  We have been learning about how a pumpkin grows, and that it is nearly time to harvest apples.
We saw a beautiful new barn being built across the highway!  I couldn't be completely sure, but this looks like it might be at the entrance to the corn maze.
There was a sea of sunflowers trying to bloom!  Sunflowers at our house were late bloomers, too.
We pretended to bloom for them. ♥
There was a small plane flying overhead.  Stocker farm is located right next to Harvey Air Field.  (No relation, Harvey is my maiden name.)
I think the older and rustier something is, the more beautiful.
 Fast friends!
We climbed aboard the giant wagons to explore.
It was nice to have the place to ourselves!
Time to look for our loot.  We found some beautiful mini pumpkins and gourds.  There are currently 11 mini pumpkins and two gourds growing in our gardens at home, but not quite ready. 
 My little shoppers were price checking. 
We saw some squash and talked about the differences.  They did not, however, want to buy one to eat for lunch.
Inside the little shop I found those crates you see to the right of the baskets.  Each crate had 9 milk bottles, and they were priced at $9.99 per box.  I had to force myself to leave them in the shop.  What would I do with milk bottles?  I could use them as vases for gifts I suppose...   See the giant zucchini on the table? $1.00 each.
They were happy with their pumpkins. ;)
Look what I found?  Mmmm, raspberry honey- and in a wonderful jar!
Finally, captured this barn.   (Well, in a quick I'm in a hurry kind of way...) Click on the photo to see it a bit better.  I will eventually take the time to get some better shots of it before it crumbles to the ground.  It could go at any time.  Beautiful place, this town!!   I will not be posting again until Monday- tomorrow morning I am heading to Port Angeles for a weekend getaway.  I am hoping to take some beautiful Olympic National Rainforest photos to share later.  Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment