1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Welcome Fall!

 Today is the first day of Autumn!  Yesterday was a beautiful blustery day.  We decided not to do our worksheets and instead baked some sugar cookies that were all dressed up to welcome Autumn.   We had an egg emergency and rushed to Safeway to shop for what we needed.  They were so well behaved!  I love hearing the compliments.  The girls were proud of themselves, too.   They each received "Thank You" stickers at checkout.
Start with your favorite sugar cookie recipe.  I suppose you COULD buy a tube of dough- but that is a string of bad words in my house.  I happen to be a sugar cookie snob.  Here is the CORRECT recipe: (LOL)

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups flour
I honestly just throw everything in the bowl and mix.  Instead of refrigerating for three unholy hours, I add flour and knead until roll-able.  They taste perfect every time.  Roll out and cookie cutter them, bake for 6-8 minutes at 375 degrees.  Frost with cream cheese frosting, at Christmas time I add mint extract to the cream cheese frosting.  YUM! 
We used Wilton food coloring gel to get the beautiful bright colors, and rolled all three colors together to create a marble effect. 
Don't forget to taste the dough!  The girls were wonderful taste testers.
These are so much fun!  This is the first time I have ever colored the dough.  I think they are quite festive.
Time to pray and thank God for Fall!  We love to notice the leaves changing each day. 
The girls frosted their cookies.  Popsicle sticks are great tools for this!
Happy Fall!  Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment