1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Keeping Motives In Check

I was awake at 4:30 this morning.  My body hurt (you will laugh at this..) from reeling in a salmon.  Just one, but it was a beauty and we ate it for dinner.  I obviously don't do much physical exertion.  Tossing and turning, my mind was racing, too.  Like a line from a favorite song by Carlie Calbero ♫♪"..4AM is for sleeping, I 'm awake now.. flipping through thoughts just like channels racing.."♫♪  There's a verse that's been on my heart for a couple of days now.
Colossians 4:23-24  "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving."   It hit me, this is why I fail when I try to do things for myself.  Once again, I have been what I call "smacked to my senses" by God.  Some of us learn better that way!  I'm grateful I was up so early to receive the smack.   Happy Sunday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment