1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Leaves Are Changing


September is my favorite month for art.  It's time to start talking about and noticing the changing leaves.  Red, orange, yellow brown paints get used quite a bit at Henle House this month.  We started with a couple of leaf stencils cut out of black construction paper.  Older kids can master this, but for my younger preschoolers, I prepared this in advance. 
"You want us to paint ALL of the white, right?"  They are such great listeners.  I just love these guys.
I stressed that it was important for this project NOT to mix the colors.  We really wanted them to 'pop'.
It was almost a shame to cover up the paint with the stencil, they were very Claude Monet-ish.  The girls did a beautiful job! (All of my boys are in school now, so the whole preschool group is girl dominated.)
When the papers were finished....
We added our leaf stencil papers.  Beautiful!  This is a great way to highlight the brilliant colors of fall!  Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment