1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Play Based Learning

Allowing the kids to play is a good way for them to learn basics.  We got out the playdough and instead of organizing activities with it, I just let them play.  I did, however, try to reinforce one rule: "If you would like to borrow someone elses tool, you must ask politely."   The kids learn manners just by playing.  
  They get imaginative, too.  
Before long, there were nice words exchanged about trading tools.
There was a low hum of busy voices as they all played and shared what they were creating with each other.  Kids need to be able to just play, and as I have said before, I am guilty of often just planning too much for them to do.  I think that part of the reason that I do that is because I love the way a busy day helps time fly by.  My preschool day is a long one, often 10-11 hours.  Free days can be really hard for me because I get restless.  It's because these kids are SO WELL BEHAVED all of the time that they need very little mediation from me.  I am really blessed by that.   Sometimes I can pass time by getting out a magazine or picking through the curriculum. 
He created a ring.  My camera flashed his eyes, oops!
This guy stood all of his tools up in the playdough pile and asked me to take a photo. 
Today I have written in the curriculum to have a movie day for all of the kids who have been working so hard!  It's a good thing, too.  My baby is home sick with a fever today and is needing me quite a bit.  Thank you God that I can work from home.  
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment