1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pete The Cat

We all love Pete The Cat.  
I'm not sure when these were originally published and I'm too lazy this morning to get up and find out.  (WOW!)  Pete The cat is relatively new to me, and when I realized how engaged the kids are when we read these books, I purchased every one of them I could find.  They love the four groovy buttons story the most.  When the buttons pop off, Pete doesn't cry, because he's groovy.  In the end, all he has left is his belly button, and the kids find this so funny!  None of them realize that cats do not have belly buttons.  
I cut out these pieces ahead of time.  I thought it would be fun to create a puppet, so we used some paper plates because they are more sturdy than construction paper.
A blue handprint created the cat body.
It is SO HARD TO WAIT FOR OUR TURN!  (Smile.)
They were patient.
The kids completed Pete The Cat and immediately wanted to play with them.
I love this!!
They are all gone this morning.  I'm glad the kids take an interest in what they have created. 
Now, if I could get my hands on one of those Roomba vacuums, maybe I wouldn't have to sweep the floor a million times each day!  Adam and I were chatting one day about which chore we would do away with forever if it meant it would be automatically done.  My choice was easy- the floor would be swept and mopped all of the time.  He chose lawn mowing.  How about YOU?  What would you choose?
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment