1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Stephanie's Lamp & Funny Kids Speak

"Mooooom, can I paint my lamp shade?"  Of course.  Worst case scenario is that we would have to pick up a new lamp shade.  Steph is an artist, so why not? 
Her latest canvas painting. 
She painted the lamp shade with black acrylic paint and then used a thumb tack to poke out the Seattle skyline.  She was using a sharpie marker to touch up the paint imperfections she was finding.  She painted the inside of the shade, too. 
She loves stars.  For Christmas we stuck a small container of high end glow in the dark paint in her stocking that is commonly used by artists.  She painted a nighttime sky on her ceiling.  It's incredible! 
I love how the lamp turned out!  
Meanwhile, kids say the funniest things.  It's been a while since I have shared the things that they have said.  I haven't had many to write down over the last year or so, but what I DO have is pretty funny!

A four year old girl, "Nicole, do you have minutes on chicken nuggets?"  She meant "seconds"...but was thinking of the seconds and minutes on a clock. LOL!

A four year old boy told his mom that I said that he is allergic to carrots and doesn't have to eat them.  Only Nicole's carrots.  :)

One of the kids had chicken pox and had been absent for a while.  I heard the kids talking about why she got them, "It's because she swallowed gum!" 
I was knitting in the playroom while the kids played on.  
A seven year old boy said, "I see that you're mothering now."
Another child said, "That's what old people do!"
Knitting=Mothering.
Gasp!

I got the sewing machine out one day.
A four year old girl said, "Oh you better be careful with your spinning wheel!"  (Sleeping Beauty reference...)

Three year old girl said, "My Mom said that Chuck E Cheese is closed on my Birthday."  I told her that it is closed on all of my kids' Birthday's, too.  Forever, actually.  LOL!

Three year old boy said, "Today I am playing self help!"

Our Aiden when he was five said to me at the dinner table, "Mom, this dinner tastes like dead chicken."  (Hamburger quiche..)

Aiden also told me, "When I grow up, I am going to be a VERY hairy man." (Noticing the hair on his legs. )
Some throwback comments that we love to laugh at--

We were commenting on how fat Chippy was getting. 
A four year old girl said, "Oh- let's not say it to her face.  We don't want to hurt her feelings."

Aiden age five, whining because he was sitting in time out, "But MoOom, you think I'm cute."  As if being cute would save him.

Ethan at age 7 was watching something on t.v.  I told him it was time for bed.  "Aaaw, come on Mom! Tonight at ten, they FIND Bigfoot!"

Aiden age five stopped in the driveway at night and stared at the moon.  He said, "When I stare at the moon I feel funny."  He placed his fingers to his temples. "It makes my mind how to defeat Ethan." LOL!!!

Adam had some hot fire sauce from Taco Bell.  He asked our kids if they wanted some.  He told them it would put hair on their chests.  Ethan responded, "You put THAT on your chest?"

Ethan age six, "Mom, you're too remembery." 

I told my niece,"Auntie loves you!"  She replied, "Well, I eat a lot."

One of my favorites:
Ethan age seven, at the dinner table as we discussed what age Stephanie would no longer be able to trick or treat, was trying to hold back his elation.  "When will her last Christmas be?" LOL
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment