1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, February 23, 2015

The Sky Is Full Of Surprises

Did any of you see the parade of planets in the nighttime sky on Friday? The moon was so beautiful!  You might need to click on the photo to get a better view.  That's Venus in the lower right , and to it's left is Mars.  Aren't we lucky to live in this beautiful place that God has built? I'm surprised that my camera captured this.  We noticed it on our long drive home from Eastern Washington where we had just attended a memorial service for Adam's Grandpa.  The planets were still visible the following two nights, just further away from the moon.
It seems as if most days when I look up, the eagle is sitting in the tree.  There are three that we have noticed.  This one is gazing out across the lake.
The sky is full of surprises.  We thanked God for the beautiful blue sky this morning on the way home from the bus stop.  I could actually feel the warmth of the sun, even though it is still crisp and frosty.
Throwback photo of Adam's Grandpa Kays, ready to take his great grandchildren for a walk down to see the Columbia River.  He was really a neat man- quite a character.  His memorial was a nice celebration of his life!  He enjoyed rock hunting, trapping and story telling.  You can read his obituary HERE. 
Meanwhile, the gardens are teasing me.  It's too early for me to add to them, and these greens are getting frosted over at night lately. :/
Thursday, we enjoyed some free painting.
I love free art.  The kids do, too.  They will repaint the painted spots just to prolong the time that they get to paint.
They enjoyed a rowdy dance party. 
This little one baked cupcakes at home to bring and share.  She was very proud that she got to help! 
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. I saw the planet when very close to the moon and thought, 'that's funny I never noticed those two stars close to the moon...', then I saw them the very next night further away and thought WHA??!! Now I know what it was!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you saw it! There is a great website that will tell you what is in the sky tonight. I love it. http://www.beckstromobservatory.com/whats-up-in-tonights-sky-2/

      Delete