1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer

We took a quick trip to Idaho in search of roller coasters at Silverwood.  We are very blessed that this trip was a gift from Adam's dad, who wanted to treat his kids and their families to a fun time.  I love the drive, it's neat to watch the sky grow larger and the clouds take shape.  The clouds in Western Washington usually don't look like this.  We have one giant monster cloud most of the time.  My kids and I enjoyed pointing out clouds that looked like things along the way.
Summer is amazing.  Our kids are so brave every year, jumping into the cold lakes.  This was Lake Coeur D'Alene.  It was chilly- but they enjoyed it.
The cousins joined in. 
It isn't summer without a good swim.  In my case- it's not summer unless I watch my kids swim.  I am not interested in being cold and wet.
I'm scared of heights.  There is something about roller coasters that draws me in.  I won't do the extreme coasters-- but I love a good scary ride!  There were three of them at Silverwood that I could handle, and in fact- LOVED.  The lines were non-existent.  
On our way home, the fuel pump on the van went out.  We were able to get it towed and fixed in a day.  I'm happy to report that we are all home now.  Here my family was-- hiking up to the exit to take refuge in a Shari's Restaurant.  
Meanwhile, at Henle House we have been creating fourth of July art.  Here we made some fireworks.
Everyone had their own ideas about what they should look like.  They turned our great!
Yesterday we created some torn paper stars in red, white and blue.  
They were then taped to a piece of yarn to display as a festive decoration.  I'm glad I snapped some photos!  They all disappeared.  (These are fuzzy cell phone photos because my camera was in the van across the state while it was being repaired.)
Ta-da!
Remember when I bought a tent at my own yard sale?  It kept blowing over in the yard every five minutes.  I just strung some yarn through it and tied it to the fence.  Crisis averted!
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment