1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Moving Along

Adam and I have been working on getting our kids to do more work around the house.  I'll admit- I am a "do-er" of everything.  I have got to stop that and delegate some things to the kids so they can learn some work ethic.  This means letting go of control, which is a huge step for me. Our kids always help haul and stack the firewood every year, but we have been making sure to delegate more chores their way.  Weed pulling, dishes, window washing, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming and taking garbages out are just a few of the things they have been doing.  
Here is Ethan, our middle child, plugging along.  The wood was stacked in no time. 
Our delivery guy returned last night to complete our cord of wood.  I have more stacking to do this morning.  I love seeing the firewood pile stacked and ready.  Thank you God for allowing us to purchase firewood this year-- we will be nice and cozy this winter.  This makes me so happy!  If you know anyone who wants to sell their chainsaw, we are looking to purchase one.
The veggie garden is coming along.
The sugar snap peas are abundant this year and I've been harvesting them daily.  
Here are some testers-- it still amazes me that the kids will eat the veggies straight from the garden, yet if I put them on a lunch plate, they won't even try them.  I'd say about half of the kids like to eat the snap peas.
We've got 3 small pumpkins that are doing well.  The kids can't see one of them easily because it's tucked in the middle of the corn stalks.  
We took a close look at this sunflower plant yesterday.  It has five buds on it!
Here is what it looks like as I am typing this.  I LOVE that fiery bloom!!!
Smudge is still doing a lot of this lately.  He has been exceptionally sociable and lovey lately.
I am thrilled to pieces that the green bean vines are producing quickly now.  These are good to eat raw, too.  I love the variety! Kentucky Blue Pole Beans. 
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment