1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Can't Win 'Em All

It all started yesterday morning when I found this container of yogurt in the fridge.  I immediately thought it should be turned into some frozen yogurt fruit pops for the kids.  Our weather has been very warm, perfect summer heat.  The yogurt pops have always been successful in the past.
I didn't measure.  Glob glob glob, into the blender went the yogurt.  I added a bunch of milk.  I added to that a bunch of fruit.  Mango, pineapple, strawberries.  
It looked like strawberry ice cream!
I transferred some of it into a measuring cup for easy pouring.
I like the 3 oz. bath cup size. 
The last step is to add the sticks.  Plastic fork or spoon would work well, too.  Into the freezer they went.
It was so nice outside that we had a picnic lunch. 
Hot afternoon arrived, and it was time for yogurt pops!  What I love the most about those small cups is that you can either run them under cold water to get the pop to come right out, or you can just tear the cup away from it.  They don't melt very quickly, so it was ok for me to just set the ones that were ready aside.
Going in for a first taste.  See that guy on the right?  He's already looking a bit confused. Maybe it wasn't quite what he was expecting?
What a great photo that screams summer.  A wet child who recently ran through the hose spray, resting on a blanket with a frozen yogurt pop.  She's even got her water balloon sitting next to her to bomb any boy who bugs her.  Perfect?  In my mind, yes.  Until the kids all REJECTED the pops.  They hated the vanilla greek yogurt.  It was just too tangy for them.  Not one child actually ate their frozen pop.  I liked mine, so now I have what looks like a lifetime supply in the freezer.  
My point is that there is no way that I can win at everything.  Life is full of imperfections, and just because my own failings don't go up on the blog doesn't mean that I don't have them.  I have taken on the mentality of thanking God for the way things are, good or bad.  Maybe that helps me to see the good- everywhere, every day, and that's why this blog is positive.   There are so many sarcastic blogs out there, and while they may be a good read sometimes, it doesn't feed my soul to be that way.   I choose not to be!  
Today we will make pudding together.  I know they will LOVE that-- it'll make up for the pops. 
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment