1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hand Print Peacock

Just for fun, we created handprint peacocks yesterday.  I painted their hands green for the print.
Each child added blue paint dots to the tips of each finger.  They used a marker to draw in the feather details. 
We looked at a real peacock feather.
Add legs and color in a beak.
Cute little fella, right?  I wish you could hear the kids attempting to make the peacock calls.  There was lots of laughter and wide eyes as they listened to me do it.  This was a fast project!
It RAINED!  We really need rain right now.  The whole center of our beautiful state is on fire.  The kids thought they didn't have to go outside.  They were wrong!  I reminded them that a little rain doesn't hurt and can be fun to run around in.  They all just followed each other to the safety of the patio roof.  I dared them to feel the rain.
Smiles and a realization that they were ok. 
The rain is a gift from God! 
I thanked God out loud for watering the garden and the kids rushed over to see.  
This morning it is pouring on and off, we had thunder and lightning.  I LOVE this!!  
My daughter (on the right) got out of bed because she said it sounded like we were being bombed.  I watched her creep outside to listen to the rain.  She is my child, and I'm glad she has appreciation for nature.
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment