1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Moving Things Around

The time has come.  It can take up to a year or so, but there always comes a time when I get tired of seeing the playroom the way it is situated.  In the past it has led me to paint.  I really cannot afford to take on a painting project, so I decided a bit of rearranging might ease my need for something fresh.  This has been the set up for a while.  A loooong while.
Here it is now.  I removed several items, rearranged what was left and brought in a different table.  It's subtle, but it feels different.  The kids were excited!
The book shelf was moved here.  It's like a small library reading nook.  I also rotated the books supply with the back up books I have in the garage.  They might remember some of them, but it is always nice to see books we haven't looked at in a while.
I rotated a couple of the toys in and out.  I am currently looking for more toys or play sets to incorporate into the playroom.  It's time to hit some yard sales!
The table that I moved into the playroom used to sit here.  It has been there since Henle House opened five years ago.  I moved the cubbies over here to get them out of our dining room area.  That shelf sure looks small.  I pushed it over into the corner because it feels so much more open in the space.  It's not bugging me that it isn't centered.
Now there is an empty space next to the hutch where the cubbies were.  This could spell trouble.  I am going to look for a chair to put there.  A shabby looking old kitchen chair.  
I've been busy planning out preschool curriculum for this coming preschool year.  I'll be honest-- I'm ready.  I feel like we have taken such a long break and it's not even the end of July!  That's good.  By the time September rolls around, my mind will have been rested, my heart for preschool renewed.  It pays to take this break!  It's cloudy this morning, and when the weather gets like this I tend to clear out supplies, replenish them online and plan.  Discount School Supply is my favorite supplier.  I often receive my orders in 2 days.
Several years ago, I placed a few large Oriental Trading orders.  It's a great site to order craft kits from.  I have been sorting through the leftover kits and trying to incorporate those into the coming preschool year and summer days. 
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment