1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Sunshine

My favorite snack for the kids lately is a frozen yogurt.  They celebrate when they see me holding the box.  They tell me it tastes like ice cream!
Smudge has been very needy lately!  He does this pose in the photo when he wants my attention.  Half of the time he hops up and runs straight to his snack cabinet.  The other half of the time, he hugs my hand and arm and kicks me while purring.  I love it!
Yesterday we created some sunshine in celebration of how wonderful the sunshine has been!  
It was a quick project.  In the summer, I prefer to have the kids engage in some sort of art or project at least once each week.  
They drew a design, glued on the triangles, and painted the sun yellow.
He is wearing a sweater because it gets so hot and stuffy in the house at night that my routine includes blowing it all out and filling the house with cool morning air every day.  It can get chilly, but it makes it bearable in the house for the rest of the day.
The suns look beautiful!
☼I love how bright the art wall is right now. ☼
Outside, some of the sunflowers have buds.  This variety will only grow about 4 feet high.  I've never grown them before, the kids gave me the seeds for Mother's Day.  See the red lining on the leaves? I think the flowers will be that color!! 
We've got peas and snap peas in the garden right now.  
Whenever I climb into the garden to weed or inspect, these girls are right there next to me, asking questions and pointing things out.
I am particularly pleased with the corn this year.  It's looking pretty good!
Soon the corn will tower above these sunflowers. 
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment