1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Wait A Second...

Yesterday at the bus stop a car pulled up to the stop sign.  A smiling grandmother looked out the window and said to me, "What a marvelous family you have!"  It donned on me that when we opened up this daycare it was only going to be temporary.  The goal was to do it until our kids are all in full time school.  That was last September.  Wait a second, none of these kids are mine!  I'm still doing it?  Funny.  This is proof that I love my job!  Sometimes I DO feel like these kids are a part of our family.  It's a blessing.  ♥
Plugging along in our daily routine, Smudge was not the center of attention and knew right where to find me!  This is where I am every morning.  greeting parents, dishing out breakfast, downing coffee and reading the paper. 
We did a great color review worksheet.  Those who could work on their own whipped right through it.  The rest of us worked on it together.  These kids are so smart!
I am learning lately that there is value in just getting out a couple of outside toys instead of the entire toy shed.  These kids played with a frisbee for about half an hour.  It was nice to see them engaging with eachother.  Sometimes the over abundance of toys squashes out creative play!
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment