1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Before My Eyes

Before my eyes, our babies are growing up.  It really hit me when my aunt Michele commented on a facebook photo of me with my babies.
She said," ...it reminds me of that same time of my life, when you can put your arms around them all like a big bundle of giggles and love and then shake em up."   Boy was she right!  I can't stop thinking lately about the limited time I have to squeeze them all at once.   
I have this fierce need to get as much of them as I can.  They are all growing, changing.  Not as snuggly or needing me as often as they used to.  I'm ok with that, they are great kids!  They are learning quickly who they are.  I cannot stop this process, but I have to revel in it while I can. :)  That comment from my aunt Michele reminded me how precious this time is!
Ethan (right) is such a bright boy!  He is always thinking about things.  How things work.   He's a problem solver.  We had a very intense conversation the other day about who was faster, The Flash or Superman.  After extensive internet searching and discussing, we decided together that The Flash is probably faster on foot, but Superman is clearly faster in flight.  I cherish the simple conversations like this.  
Ethan enjoys knowing that Smudge chooses his bed for the day while he is at school.  Even if he leaves his fur all over the bed and we have to do laundry.   For Mother's Day, he brought me home a book of poems that he and his class had been working on since last Fall.  Here is one of his poems!

Love is the color of a rainbow shooting throught the sky.

Love smells like a fresh loaf of chocolate chip banana bread from the oven.

Love sounds like music from a violin.

Love tastes like the sweetest candy in the world.

Love looks like a Valentine's Day card in the shape of a heart.

Love feels like the softest fluff.

By Ethan Henle
(Proud mom alert- Proud mom alert!)

♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥
Enjoy the three day weekend if you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment