1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

T Is For Tiger

Moving along through the alphabet we arrive at the letter Tt.  The writing worksheet had a tiger on it so I thought that we should make some tiger masks to wear.  Paper plates are wonderful for making masks!  To prepare, cut out two eye holes and hole punch the sides of the plate to allow a sting to be attached.
The hard thing about painting a mask is that it has to dry before the child can wear it.  They didn't mind the wait!  We talked about other things that are orange while working on painting away the white.  I love that Crayola has such a vibrant orange!
The next step was to glue on the ears and stripes. Since the plate was already wet with paint, we used Elmers glue from the bottle rather than a glue stick.
T is for tiger! 

I went ahead and tied some elastic onto the masks before they were dry.  I like to be able to complete the project within half an hour.  I'd rather get paint on my hands than continue with the project later when I have other stuff to do.  I love elastic string.  We use it for masks, necklaces and bracelets.  I think I spent about $5 on the roll of it. 
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr!!!  Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥
Song for today is called Only Time by Enya.  It looks like rain today.  ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment