1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Armor Of God


This morning I am going to  a frugal exchange (free yard sale type swap) at church and we are going to share what our favorite thing is and what our favorite verse from the bible is.  I knew immediately what I would share.  My favorite verse is from Ephesians Chapter 6 verse 11. I think about this verse every day.  I feel like I can't go out into the world without it always there.  
Ephesians 6:11-13, "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the devils schemes,for we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, 
and having done all,
 to stand."  
My favorite thing is my Sony MP3 player.  It holds 8 gigs of memory, that's about 2000 songs.  I have taken this device with me everywhere.  It has taken road trips,  weeded the garden, wandered the city I live in, made dinner, and even scrubbed toilets with me.  My family is wonderful.  They know that I need what I call quiet time.  When my giant Sony headphones are on, I have a mission to complete and they leave me be.  My MP3 player probably plays about 6 hours every day hooked up to the stereo at home.  I love that I can pop into any playlist that has been tailored for the daycare, the weekend, my moods, or just a shuffle of everything.  So I am bringing it in to church today- not for the first time, either, to share.  It was the best $100 I have ever spent. 

Song for today is Corner Of Queen by Walk Off The Earth. ♥ Still loving these guys!♫

No comments:

Post a Comment