1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Ladybugs

I love children's books.  They are so informative and they get the point across in just a few well worded sentences.  We got out this ladybug book to see what we could learn.
The most interesting bit of information we found was how icky looking a ladybug larvae is.  If I saw one coming toward me, I would probably crush it not knowing that it would soon be welcomed onto my own hand.  Don't judge a book by it's cover, right?  Ladybugs are a gardeners friend!  They eat those nasty aphids. 
We created some construction paper ladybugs.
It was simple five minute project.  I once again forgot to let the capable child use scissors to cut out her own pieces.  I really need to work on remembering that.
Tada! No aphids here!  Happy Friday!  Will you please say a prayer for the kiddos in my daycare and their families?  Several have been recovering from illness and now another is out with the same symptoms.  We all need to beat this thing.  Meanwhile I am bleaching everything constantly. Thanks!♥♥♥
Song for today is by local artists Quichua Mishis.  Sorry I don't know what the name of the song is.  I bought an instrumental CD called Solo Amigos last summer while they were playing on their usual stretch of sidewalk beneath the Space Needle.  I really love the album.  It has been playing this morning at Henle House. They are great to watch!  It always excites me to hear local musicians.  Do you have any that you follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment