1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Peanut Butter Smoothie

Yum- who doesn't love peanut butter?  We sure do!  I'm so happy that we have no peanut allergies in the house right now.  We've been having lots of peanut butter treats lately, cookies, pb crackers, chocolate and peanut butter, pretzels and peanut butter.. you name it. I am a choosy peanut butter mom, and I prefer Jif, but my pocketbook does not.  It costs almost $10.00 for the giant tub of peanut butter in the photo above.  I just remind myself that it contains protein and we all need it to survive.  We made smoothies this morning.
In a blender, load one ripe banana, a glob of peanut butter, and 1/2 cup of milk.
My blender ha a smoothie button on it.  If yours doesn't, just blend until it looks smooth.  I suppose some leftover banana chunks would be nice for texture.
They loved this snack!
This recipe made enough to fill 5 3 oz. cups.  Just right for my young group of children.  Enjoy!♥♥
Song for today is now playing at Henle House.  Hearts by Yes. ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment