1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Day Off

Yesterday I had the day off, so I don't have any fun projects to share with you this morning.  It was beautiful outside.  I sat and felt the heat for a while. It was glorious!  My grandmother who lives in Utah is turning 75 this year.  I am counting down the days because her birthday is in August, and Utah is so hot in August.  I will be hopping on a plane and heading there to celebrate and see some family.  I am going to lay in the sun every opportunity that I get. No joke!  There is nothing quite like feeling a desert heat, I miss that.
Somebody has made it his goal in life to go outside.  We can't stop him anymore, so with caution, he has been out.  Not sure I feel good about it, but I'd rather help him do what he wants carefully, rather than him taking off and getting lost.  We like to keep our back door open in the summer.  It would be impossible to keep Smudge contained.  He hopped the fence and we had to call him home.  He's a great cat, and actually came.
Frolicking in happiness, he was chasing bugs and running across the grass in cat bliss. ♥
Steph wanted to dye her hair.  Just like Smudgie, I'd rather help her than let her destroy it with something awful.. so I helped.  I always said I wouldn't let my daughter dye her hair, but I dye mine.  I also have tattoos.  I guess I just have to teach her to be responsible when making choices.  She thought out a color for several months, and when we were shopping for it, we made sure to take note on a color that matched her natural color, just in case the red was too much.  No tattoos, Steph.  Not until you are 18.
In my bliss, I managed to get this front garden cleaned out and weeded.  It was FULL of moss.  It's hard to tell, but there are a lot of perennials coming up this year.  How exciting!  I went to Home Depot to pick up some cap pavers to finish the border on this garden, but left my favorite Starbucks travel mug there. :(  Back to cold coffee this morning.  I will have to rush out and replace that mug.  Gardening makes me so happy.  I love to just stand and look at the gardens and note the changes.  It's a great time to thank God for this day.  What are your favorite hobbies?  Happy Tuesday!♥
Song for today is Sunshine Day, from The Brady Bunch.  I'm willing to bet that you will be swaying side to side. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment