1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Great Weekend

We had such a fantastic weekend! The sunshine was warm.  Look at these cousins above.  They enjoyed their wagon time yesterday. ♥  I spent my time in the garden.
I noticed one lone tulip fighting to be seen in the spearmint. 
It is coming to life beautifully!  Do you see that bare spot?  It belongs to the mammoth sunflowers that we will plant an a bit. 
I used a chicken noodle soup can to create this simple outdoor vase.  It seems welcoming to me!  I stuffed it with spearmint because spearmint always lasts a long time in a vase.  It will actually grow roots, and an outdoor vase will get less attention so the hardier the foliage, the better. 
A drill worked well to create the holes, and then I used twine. 
The piggies came outside until we saw a giant eagle flying low over our yard.  They enjoyed their outside time. ♥
This is the garden mound of weeds I started to tackle.  It is so root bound thanks to that ugly rhody, it's just so difficult to clean out.  One day I will plow this whole thing over and plant grass.  Gardening is supposed to be fun! 
This is as far as I got.  There are some great strawberries among all of this mess, and a rhubarb plant as well as some perennial flowers that are great for vases.  I think every garden should have some picking flowers.  Happy Monday!♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. Maybe weed killer would be a better option? Also, I pinned that tin can vase - how fun would those be for the kiddos to fill and drop off on door knobs for May Day?!

    ReplyDelete