1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sneaky Leprechaun

We had a day about green.  We made some fruit loop necklaces and green hats to wear.  Don't they look cute?  I think this group has aced the group photo.
The necklace pieces were on the red table for the kids to create during their free morning time.
The hats were very simple to put together.  
One of the kids brought some chocolate coins to share with his friends.  A leprechaun had visited his home and left them for him to find!  I thought that his bringing coins was a perfect excuse to initiate a fake scenario.  I don't often lie to the kids, and when they ask me for the truth, I will give it to them.  NOBODY asked me if leprechauns are real.  I told the kids that after they make their hats, they could enjoy one of those delicious chocolate coins.  Their mouths were watering.
When the time came, they realized that a silly, sneaky leprechaun had TAKEN the coins and replaced them with ROCKS.  We could not believe it.  There was a note. "Ha ha!  Fooled you!  -Leprechaun"
I played my part pretty well.  We placed a fake phone call to Adam the handsome hubby, who would know just what to do.  He suggested that we get out our magnifying glasses and look for the coins, because it's probably possible that Smudge chased the leprechaun out the cat door before he could haul away the gold coins.
The kids took this very seriously!!
My camera malfunctioned during the search, but this is where they found the gold coins.
I love that they were looking at it through the magnifying glass just to make sure.
 "It might be rocks!"
"That leprechaun is mean!"
"No, not mean, just tricky!"
With a collective gasp, they realized the coins were there!
They defeated that sneaky leprechaun.  My camera was driving me crazy!  Flash- no flash- blurry-- ugh!!
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment