1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Birthday/Foam Dough

We celebrated a birthday yesterday!
The kids enjoyed decorating a cupcake.  We sang a nice rowdy round of "Happy Birthday" and she blew out her candle. 
We jumped around with the party favors to the traditional "Birthday" song by The Beatles.  
"Cheese!"
After opening up a birthday surprise, we ran outside to play in the cold sunshine. 
It was all a blur, it happened so fast.
Meanwhile, I found tucked away in a cabinet in the garage, several pre-measured containers of corn starch.  I added some shaving cream to attempt to make foam dough.  It was A BIG FAT MESS! 
My hands were completely caked with foamy stuff.  It's a really wonderful consistency, though!
I washed my hands to test the stickiness of the dough, and added just a bit more corn starch to make it smooth.
See?  It's light as a feather.  Do I dare have the kids create their own?  I'll have to get out my apron since I'm wearing black, and chances are, I will need to help every child because it will just stick to their hands.  It'll be a good sensory project that the kids can take home.  (Sorry, parents!) (Insert evil laugh.)  Maybe they won't mind the mess as much as I will.  This stuff is so cool that I just have to do it.  Today.  I don't even dare to add food coloring.  I'll experiment, I guess.  GREEN!  Thank God that I will just be able to sweep it up afterward, it's that cool. 
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. It is messy! We've currently got it all over our kitchen table because it didn't stay on the plate we were using for a tray! But, it's fun and Jack loves it, so we don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are awesome for letting him play with it!

      Delete