1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Hi, Duck!

It is duck feeding time.  I'll bet that if you peruse the blog posts from last year right around now, the posts will be similar to what is going on right now.  Ducks, Spring fever, gardening.  The ducks have begun their usual visits to the yard.  I love every second of it!  
Boy duck isn't as bossy about his food.  He stays back a bit and lets her eat most of the bread.
The crows wait in the background.  They will finish off what the ducks leave behind.
I love that it's a great way to get rid of the excess bread in the house.  
Here the kids were, in their socks yesterday morning.  They have become good duck watchers, alerting me when they arrive.
OK, so yesterday we went ahead with the foam dough mixture.  I lost my bravery and just mixed a giant batch of it and gave it to the kids to play with afterward.  Honestly, it is an enormous mess while it's being created.  Even for an adult.  All you need to do is pour a pile of corn starch into a bowl.  Add shaving cream.  I didn't measure.  If it was too sticky, I added more corn starch.  If it was too crumbly, I added more shaving cream.  My hands were completely caked with stuff.  I added some Wilton food coloring gel.  (I'll say it again- I wish the grocery stores would sell that stuff.  I usually drive to Michaels just to get it.)  I am glad that I didn't have the kids try to mix it by themselves, it is just too frustrating and my brain would've shut down.  It took about five minutes of vigorous kneading to get it nice and smooth.
The kids enjoyed it!  Several moms told me this morning that their kids spent a solid amount of time playing with it at home, too.
We also spent about fifteen minutes coloring some diamond cutouts.  We like to play a hide and seek game that involves shapes that we are learning.  This time I thought the kids might enjoy creating one to take home.  They can have someone hide the diamond shapes at home and then go look for them.  Fun!
They just colored and stuffed them into the envelopes for safe keeping.
Out we went to check on the tulip bulbs.
The kids have pointed out several changes!  
Sigh.  Look at this.  It's time for me to start thinking about what to do with the veggie garden this year.  I am so glad to be able to get my hands in the dirt.  I'm thinking zucchini, corn, sunflowers, green beans and snap peas.  (The usual.)  Maybe some soybeans, too!  If that pumpkin will ever decompose, we will have a pumpkin vine or two winding through it all.
♥♥♥Happy Thursday that I thought was Friday!♥♥♥
(The joke's on me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment