1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

In The Gardens

We had a heavy rain weekend, and the gardens are really looking happy right now.  Just when I was about to get out the paint and start a project (which often happens in late winter when I get bored) the gardens are really waking up.  I can spend some time looking, transplanting, thinning and planning.  The kids are noticing the changes, too!  "Miss Nicole, the gardens are WAKING UP!"
They are particularly excited about the tulips everywhere that are getting ready to bloom.  They remember and share about the tulips they took home recently.
I am excited.  Gardening is one of my favorite hobbies.  My thumb isn't always green, but I try.
The daffodils look cheery!
Looking strong, the oriental poppies are gearing up for another breath taking bloom!  These flowers are fierce, I love them. 
Here they were last year, show stoppers!
Peonies are popping up.
Something VERY exciting-- I learned that the Allium I planted for last year will actually continue to multiply quickly.  This is their second year in the garden box and they have DOUBLED in quantity.  I won't need to separate the bulbs for three more years, and they are drought tolerant.  I am panicking a little bit because the box itself is falling down and I need to build a stone wall around it soon.  Not sure what I will use yet.
Here they were last year, mid-bloom.  Butterflies LOVE them!
I'm excited that the pruning of the Wisteria didn't shock it.  I see budding blooms!
Forsythia is winding down and the green leaves are sprouting.
The Lilac tree is budding.
Meanwhile, we are working on the letter Oo.  
The kids are enjoying markers.  They are all old enough to handle them well.
The only thing I had to do was make sure the lids were all popped back on correctly. 
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥
*Happy St. Patrick's Day!*

No comments:

Post a Comment