1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Votive Holders

We created Mother's Day candle holders as gifts.
They used a mixture of water and Elmer's glue to paint each piece of tissue onto the jar.
Each child chose a stripe to add.
Add twine, and the results were beautiful!
Into a bag they went.
The bags then went into another bag, complete with a note about what each child loves about his or her mom.  Priceless!
The apple tree FINALLY got pruned yesterday!  The kids kept saying it was going to get a "haircut".  Pretty much sums it up!  Above is the before photo.
Here is the after photo!  It looks like an apple tree should.  
(Or at least as well as could be expected for this ancient beauty.)
Even better--- the rhododendron that I wish would die was chainsawed again.  To the ground, this time.  Amen-- I can't express that enough!!  When we bought this house, the Rhody was touching the roof.  It was also surrounded by ugly trees, one that had 4 inch spikes coming out of it.  The Rhody is the last of the evil things that grew here.  I have tried to grow a garden in the area around it with no luck.  Even my rhubarb died!  I'm picking up some stump killer this weekend at the hardware store.   I've been very busy digging in the gardens, it's been amazing!
My son Ethan made this for me for Mother's Day!  I had to share because it's so great.  It now has a permanent place in the dining room. 
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment