1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Sand Art

It was POURING rain yesterday!  I don't just mean pouring, but the kind of rain that overflowed all of our rain gutters to the point of waterfalls happening around the house.  It was incredible!  Remember how I accidentally repeated a weeks of curriculum?  It made me dig through my reserves as far as quick projects go.  I pulled out some sticky board sand art projects.  The kids worked on trays to contain the sand. 
The goal is to only pull the paper off of the sections you want to color, one piece at a time.  It required my help, pretty much the whole time.  No biggie.  I would remove the small pieces for them and cut open the bags of sand.  I think I purchased these kits here at Oriental Trading.  I think it came with 24 kits total, and we have been using them every Spring at Henle House for 3 years at least.  I love these because each sticky board includes it's own supply of colored sand. 
The kids poured the sand onto the spot they wanted to color, and spread it around with their fingers.
Half of the fun was just playing in the discarded sand.  They could've played in it for a while.
The results are beautiful!


♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥
Husband!!  It's taco Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment