1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Nineteen & Fishing

Once we get up into the teen numbers, it can be easy for the kids to lose interest.  They are always so energetic about counting from 1-10.  I find that it helps to lay items down and count them with the kids when we get into the larger numbers.  They have something to see, touch and counting becomes a little bit easier for them.  We counted out 19 blocks, and attempted to make a tower.  They kept falling after 14!  That was the best part, of course.
Off we went to the table to color our 19's.
 I love when they use lots of colors, but I don't suggest that they do it any certain way. 
We used the paint dotters to count out 19 dots. 
It is hard to stop-- "We only get to dot 19 dots?"  I suppose I should give them paper and let them dot until their hearts are content next time.  We'll go crazy.
The kids like to see their art being displayed.  I see them pause and take it all in, quite often!  They are proud of their creations. :)
Need something to do?  Ethan told me this morning that he and a friend spent some time trying to drop tp tubes in a certain way to get them to stand up on edge.  He said that you must hold it sideways for it to work.  It usually bounces, does a flip, and will sometimes land... on it's edge.  Who knew?
We did it!  This would keep preschoolers busy.  Hey- it would keep me busy too.
This amazing thing happened at the bus stop.  Our youngest son seems to be a bit of a contortionist.  Ouch!! 
Adam bought this little fishing boat.  We had a very similar one but it was so heavy.  This one is much lighter and fits in our van for easy transporting.  I'm telling you-- I LOVE my mini van.  It is so useful!  I was glad to be able to sit in a chair to fish again because my bad knee can't take a raft for very long.
Our catch last night.  Dinner tonight! I thank God for this. 
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday that I keep thinking is Thursday..♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment