1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Birthday And Garden Work

So many Spring birthdays-- so many smiles!  He wore these amazing glasses for his photo. :)
One wish later-- out the candle went!
It's so fun to see the excitement over each child's Birthday.
The Birthday boy gets to choose activities and be the line leader.  Off they went into the sunshine with balloons.  I forgot to snap photos.
It was because I've been digging in this vegetable garden.  
 Hours of weeding, tilling by hand, fertilizing and planting later- I have a sunburn, a sore body and bruised hands.  It is exhilarating!  I love to have a garden and thank God every day for it.  I love working in it and the feeling of accomplishment.  This year we are growing Sugar Snap Peas, Peas, Kentucky Blue Pole Green Beans, Carrots, Sweet Corn and of course, Mammoth Sunflowers.  Now that the garden is ready, we can get back to our preschool schedule. 
In the Fall, the kids helped me throw our leftover pumpkins into the garden.  We left them in the place that they landed and we now have pumpkin plants growing.  We are experimenting this year by leaving them there and letting them do what they choose to do.   
 My morning routine now includes a walk around the yards to see what the gardens are doing.  I love when a cat joins me.  Baby Zuko is a great companion.
The poppies are blooming!! 
The Allium are rounding out!
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment