1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Preschool Evidence

Sometimes we are learning at Henle House with nothing to show but the knowledge we gain.  It is pleasing to me to have the kids take something with them when they leave.  Not just something, but something that they created or worked on that day.  We often times use play dough during our learning table time.  It can be even more effective than an art project or worksheet. 
We use it as a sensory tool and to review numbers, letters and shapes.  The kids were counting and creating balls to stack and count.  They were also making worms, one small, one medium and one large.
They had their work cut out for them- we were mixing an old batch of play dough with a newer batch, and it required some elbow grease.
Don't let that color fool you- it smells like cinnamon!
Here he was, stacking and counting the balls he created. 
Because we mixed two batches together, I was able to part with some of it for the kids to take home.  Now there was evidence that we did something!  (Isn't it ridiculous that I fear being thought of as a "daycare worker" who does nothing with the kids?)  I suppose it's that fear that keeps me busy.  It's a good thing that I actually love being busy.  Being that I'm a forensics nut, I want there to be evidence of that.
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment