1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Favorite Things

We are working on the letter T this week. :)  I didn't take many photos.  I thought it would be fun to share with you a post about some of my favorite things.  I'm not really a person who places much emphasis on things, but these ones that I use are my favorites.
First up- Burt's Bees lip balm.  It smells GREAT- it's minty and works really well.  I find it heals chapped lips much faster than any of the other lip balms I have used.  Confession- I have four of these in my bedroom, one in my kitchen, one in my purse and one in my coat pocket.  Easy access.  
Next up- Bare Minerals make up.  I've been using this for about 8 years now.  I love that it feels invisible and has SPF 15 sunscreen in it.  Because it's a powder, it blends easily.  I also love Bare Minerals eyeshadow.   Pictured above is  Medium Beige Foundation (open) and Warmth, a light powder I use as a blush.
Foundation and Warmth can be purchased through Amazon.com.  Did I mention that each one of these items lasts me more than an entire year?  It goes a LONG way!
Aaaah Proactive.  The commercials are telling the TRUTH.  I have been using this stuff for about 7 years now.  I recently developed an allergic reaction to step 3, the stuff that actually prevents breakouts, but now that I am a little older, the breakouts aren't so bad.  I still love the cleanser and the toner.  This stuff is gold.  I had it on auto delivery for about 8 years.  WORTH EVERY PENNY.  Check it out here.
I use nail polish every day of the year.  Mostly on my toe nails.  Out of all of the polish I have used, OPI is the brand that holds up for the longest.  Not only that- but the brand produces the deep rich colors that my heart desires in a polish.  It is thick- usually only requires two coats for maximum color.  It kills me to spend almost $9.00 on a regular sized bottle of it, but it is worth it.  
This is my favorite electronic.  My Sony MP3 player.  I use it every day.  Right now it's holding 1300 songs, 9 playlists.  (4 Gigs.)  It is small, fits easily in my pocket, is comfortable to hold and switch songs while walking.  I hook it up to my stereo and play music daily.  I paid $99.99 at Best Buy.  
 This is my favorite kitchen appliance.  The thing I love about this (besides that it sits on the counter looking awesome) is that I can load it up with ingredients and walk away while it mixes.  I am no longer a slave to the hand held mixer.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I am baking all of the time.  I set it on a piece of fabric so it slides effortlessly across the counter top when I am ready to use it.  It's perfect.
I saved the best for last.  The one thing I feel like I couldn't live without-- Partylite melts.  I am a Partylite junkie.  Pictured above is a pack of melts- perfect for use at Henle House because I'm not allowed to have candles lit during business hours.  I thought I would die.  I purchased an electric warmer and some of these melts. At $6.00 per pack of 9, they are a great deal!  I always watch for clearance, too.  That is the best time to stock up.  The red one in the photo is my favorite scent- Cinnamon Sparkle.  It smells like a cinnamon stick in raw form.  Who doesn't feel at home when walking into a house that smells of cinnamon? 
Of all of the "things" that I love, this is the stuff that I refuse to let run out.  I love to have Partylite candles and melts ready ahead of time for each season, with extras to pass out to family when they need them. 
Praise the Lord for being able to order online without attending or throwing a party.  I am an introvert most of the time.  I like to do my shopping alone!
I would love to know what YOUR favorite products are!
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment