1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Busy Being Busy

I'm a few days behind on my blogging.  It's just been very busy around here.  I'm busy being busy.  It's awesome! Last week during spring break we created some coffee filter butterflies.  Another repeat, but one that is always welcome.  Who doesn't like butterflies?  I think this year I will order some caterpillars again so the kids can watch them cocoon and emerge.  In the meantime, it's just talk.
The kids used washable markers to add color to the coffee filters.  I used a Sharpie marker to put their names on.  It's important to use Sharpie, because the goal is to wet the filter and watch the colors run together.  Everything moves, except for that permanent Sharpie name.
See?  The kids used a spray bottle of water to wet the coffee filter.  (In a tray, to contain the water.)  It's fun to lift it up and watch the colors run!
We laid each one down onto the newspaper and patted them down with paper towels. 
Add a pipe cleaner, and BOOM!  Butterflies. :)  They each made two.  One to take home, one to hang up.
Seeee?
I caught some Lily Of The Valley coming up in the back garden. 
It's that time of year when we can have our afternoon snack outside again.  I am so happy that we have had so many days of sunshine lately!  Rain is in the forecast for today and the next five days.  Typical.  We have been loving our outside time. 
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment