1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Jesus Is Alive

Now is the time I like to teach the kids about Jesus conquering death.  It's deep- it's not always easy for them to understand.  We talk about God and Jesus all year, but I think it's important to teach them that "Easter" is really about resurrection.  Every year I change my wording to suit the group of kids that I have based on what I think they can grasp.  We created a cross.  One child called it "Traffic from God."  :)
On each paper I placed a dot where we wanted to aim with our hand prints.
This is the idea!  When I think of God's love for us in sending Jesus, my mind imagines light.  We added some yellow hand prints to create a glow!
 There was some somber talk about how we do not like how Jesus died.  I try to explain to them that it is a symbol of how it feels when we break God's rules.  It's so hard to explain!  I just tried to get them to understand how when Jesus was born, this was his job.  It's how he showed us that Gods love is never ending, we can now look forward to spending eternity with him.  (Blank stares, because that means we will die.  Too much I guess.)   I glossed over that with,  "God loves you so much!  That is what is important for us to remember about Jesus.  He is so powerful that he came back alive and lives in our hearts forever!"  They could understand that.  He is a superhero!  The only REAL one!  Phew!
We had a celebratory dance party to Newsboys' song 'God's Not Dead'. 
We rocked the house.  It was so loud!
Happening right now- one taunting squirrel who is out of reach only because these two cats haven't figured out how to get on the roof yet.  I put her nuts up there.
Have a great weekend, have a blessed Resurrection Sunday!
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment