1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Unexpected Friend


 A parent gifted us some tissue paper squares.  We use these for so many different projects, I am thrilled! 
 We looked for and talked about the color red yesterday.  The idea was to glue red tissue paper squares onto the apple on our worksheet.  Suddenly, there was a loud "BANG".  
This bird had crashed into our glass door. It was just laying there, dazed.  We brought it inside.  What else was I supposed to do with a dazed bird?  I just figured that everyone wanted to see.  Don't worry- nobody touched the bird.  
We did, however, create a grass nest and placed the bird inside.  Bird watched us work on our papers for a little while.  I could tell it was slowly feeling back to normal.  The kids couldn't believe we had a bird on the table. 
We couldn't do our work.  Bird was too entertaining.  I thought it might be best to move it outside before it found it's wings.  For once, I was grateful that Smudge wasn't around.  He missed the whole ordeal. 
We moved Bird outside.  It stayed in the "nest" for a couple of minutes.
He mustered up the strength to fly around the apple tree and then stopped here.  (Bad photo alert.. most of my photos are wrong lately.  I give up.)  I imagine that Bird was just saying goodbye, because it took off and was up and away right after this photo was taken.  
Now we can finish our work!
Glue, stick, glue, stick.  We will continue this week to look for red items. 
Something a little more random for the babies. 
The kids spent a little while looking for Bird afterward.  Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment