1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Story Exploring Thursday



 Every other Thursday we do "story exploring".  We start with a book in group time.  We then go back through the book while I ask the kids specific questions about the story.  It's great for conversation  and allows the kids to take part in the story rather than being what I like to call "read at".  They feel involved and take away more information from the story than they normally would have.  We read 'Good Morning, Chick' by Mirra Ginsburg.
I have a beautiful curriculum book specifically for story exploring.  There are two pages of  ideas and activities in the book for each story that I can incorporate into the lesson.  I add sticky notes with my own ideas, too.  I keep all of the books for this curriculum in a box away from the kids.  It makes the book new and exciting for them when I pull it out. 
We decided to create our own little chick on a farm.  
They built a barn.  They also noted that it is red.  (Big smile!)
I wrote on the art what book coincides with this art and what name each child chose for their chick.  
Meanwhile, Smudge is a weirdo head and must've depleted the mouse population in Snohomish because he has been lazy and snuggly for a couple of weeks.  He chose our bathroom paper towels as a bed yesterday.  Happy Friday! ♥♥♥
Fineshrine by Purity Ring.♫  Funky video but a smooth sound with an edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment