1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Leaves That Pop


We did it again- using black construction paper to make a painted piece of white construction paper "POP".  The art wall was looking beautiful, I snapped a photo because lately the art has been going home quickly. 
 To begin, just privide some paint and a white piece of construction paper.  Paint the white away!
It can take a while depending on the ages of the painters.  This project screams out to let the paint colors be mixed a little.  Red, yellow and orange are perfect for fall!  Adam keeps reminding me that it is still summer.  I realize this, but there are so many beautiful fall projects and activities to do that we start them in the beginning of September.  Autumnal Equinox is officially this Saturday!
Ahead of time, I traced some leaf stencils onto the paper and cut the leaf shapes out.  
It was kind of fun holding the leaf stencil up to different backgrounds.  Bricks sure make pretty leaves!
I liked the table runner leaves, too.
When the "white was painted away", we added glue to the stencil.  
He was excited to see what happened!  Leaves 'popped' out.  I love this project because no matter what the season, we can always create something that pertains to what we are learning and it will 'pop' as well.  
Meanwhile, I was doing the usual milk, juice and bread shopping for Henle House when I happened upon and Elmo DVD called "Elmo Says Boo!".  Our kids all really enjoyed that movie on VHS for years.  We no longer have a VCR, so into the cart that DVD went without my even batting an eye.  It's 30 minutes long,  full of silly jokes and great songs that are fun for Halloween.  I thought I'd share my favorite song from the DVD with you as the song for today. Happy Monday!  We have a new little guy arriving this morning!  Please pray that he will feel comfortable and that we will help him feel at home!♥♥♥
"Frazzle" from the DVD 'Elmo Says Boo!'.♫

1 comment:

  1. We (I) loved the leaves that pop art work that we made last year (inspired by you) that a few of them are still hanging on my kitchen cabinets. Yep...they've been there for a full year. I love them.

    ReplyDelete