1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Positive Reinforcement



Kids need to hear that they are doing a great job!  It's a good habit to be in if you are randomly pointing out great behavior or good effort on a project or action.  Manners are pointed out at Henle House quite often.  When I see that a child is working diligently on the project for the day I add a sticker to their paper.  Smiles follow.  A simple sticker can encourage and brighten the moment.  
Another helpful tool for me is the "Good Job Jar".  Right now it is full of plain MnMs.  It is in my group time basket but I don't hesitate to use it throughout the day, too.  Here are some easy ways that a child can earn an mnm from the good job jar:
*Manners (Please and thank yous, excuse me's)
*Being helpful to others
*Showing empathy
*Working hard on a task
*Pointing out the letter, color, shape or number of the week
*Sitting nicely in group time
*Singing and or participation
*Just being awesome
 Meanwhile, we are working on the letter Bb this week.  I get very excited to see the kids getting excited about it!  Alphabet nerds- UNITE! (I'm talking about myself.)  I truly love teaching these kids.♥
A dot painting project was provided for the little ones.  They are still being introduced to the letter and having a little sensory experience as well.  They both enjoy taking part in art, even if they just wrinkle the paper up and throw it on the floor. Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥
"Where Will We Go" by Iamdynamite. ♫ 

No comments:

Post a Comment