1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, September 24, 2012

B Is For..

B is for bumblebee and baking.
 We created bumblebees out of our letter B's.  First, I drew lines on the b's.  The kids then colored in every other stripe.
We glued on stingers, added eyes, and drew on wings.
Hooray! Bb is for bumblebees!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  I have been telling the kids that fall officially begins this year on the 22nd, and on that day the weather was foggy and wonderful, right on cue.  I found this pumpkin pie mix in the cabinet and thought I should do some baking damage.  It's important to remember that this variety of pumpkin pie mix includes spices.  I like to bake with it on purpose, and still add the spices into the recipe.  Pumpkin can be a bit bland. I used one can, and completed two recipes.
Thank you internet, I printed off a quick pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe.  Click on the photo  so you can get a better look at the ingredients if you need to make these.  Just plop all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix- bake for 10 minutes on a greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees.  These are great! I doubled the recipe because there was enough pumpkin leftover and I couldn't imagine throwing it away.
Yum yum yum!!
Next up- pumkin bars.  I got out my trusty Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and tried this for the first time.
Easy squeezy, and it was topped with cream cheese frosting.  We took it to church and then LEFT IT THERE.... No pumpkin bar breakfast for me this morning. ;)
I just lounged and ate and smelled the burning candles.  Isn't that what fall is for?  Soon I will need to go clean out the gardens.  There will be much work to be done.
Here's what Smudge did all weekend.  What a spoiled baby.  He has been in the bad habit of bringing in live mice for us lately... Um.. thank you, I think.
Meanwhile, I always spring for the October issue of Martha Stewart Magazine.   Don't those apples look sweet with a branch sticking out of them?  Happy Monday!♥♥♥ Happy Fall!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment