1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

♫Leaves Are Falling♫



"I wonder what is hiding inside the treasure box today.  Here's a clue.. it grows."  We love to use the guessing treasure box.  This time it was filled with fallen leaves from the bus walk.  I tried to pick out a couple of different colors. 
It sparked a song! In the grouptime basket is a stack of tissue paper leaves lined with wire that we use to sing our song with.  To the tune of Frera Jaques:
♫Leaves are falling,
Leaves are falling,
On the ground,
All around,
Red, yellow and orange,
Many different colors,
To be found,
 To be found!"♫
They sing and wave their leaves around until the end when...
They have fallen to the ground.  
It's the perfect song for our two weeks of  talking about and looking for the color red. 
We read this library book.  The kids enjoy pointing out the red items.  It's a very cute book, too.  The chicken is in love with the red truck and accidentally goes for a ride in the back of it.
Meanwhile, my Great Great Grandmother is gracing our fridge.  I have been learning some interesting things about her from my grandma.  My mom looks just like my great great grandma. (Her name was Inez Duncan.) She was very particular and had her clothing made just for her.  She would never wear anything store bought.  She was very severe with the kids and a rowdy bunch would be calmed immediately by her warning, "Once now..."  I think I like her.  I would've enjoyed meeting her.  I'm so glad to have a photo!  Happy Wednesday!  There is a cat in my lap- what to do now?♥♥♥
Repeat offender here, but I love the video and the song.  "Welcome Home Son" by Radical Face.♫

No comments:

Post a Comment