1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pancakes In A Flash

Please Play the link below before you scroll down to read this mornings post. ☻
 
Oh my goodness- a wonderful friend brought a surprise over to us last week.  It had been under the tree, wrapped, but was causing too much mayhem with the kids.  We opened it.  
A GRIDDLE!  Oh, how I have dreamed of owning such a glorious device.  I could never justify purchasing one while we still had a frying pan that would suffice.  This morning I made 15 pancakes in about 8 minutes.  Hallelujah indeed!  By the time I was finished pouring the batter they were already ready to be flipped.
Maybe to understand my elation, you must understand what our mornings are like.  Most of the kids eat breakfast here.  Often it is their second breakfast.  I don't mind- it pleases my heart to feed them.  Especially when it is cold outside.  So pancakes are a nice way to start the day.  It always takes forever with my one pan that is decent enough to cook them evenly.  Two at a time.  I use the pancake recipe out of the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.  I always add cinnamon, and a half cup of wheat flour.
Glorious!  I had time to to the happy dance!
They had a hot breakfast after the cold bus stop walk this morning!
Now we are praying for snowflakes.  Happy Thursday!♥♥♥ Thank you Naomi!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment