1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fun Appetizer

Once again, Taste Of Home Magazine inspired me to try a new recipe.  I made these crispy shrimp cups for a Christmas party over the weekend. 
It was the first time I had ever gone to the store in search of wonton wrappers!  They are located in the produce department of Fred Meyer next to the bagged salads, of all places.  By the way, Fred Meyer is my grocery store go-to place.  The prices are pretty good and we are on a serious budget right now.
As the recipe prompted, the wonton wrappers are in the mini muffin pan.  The edges are brushed with the garlic and butter mixture.
Add the cream cheese/honey/hot sauce mixture.  Bake for 8 more minutes.  Just to warm it through.  I didn't have fresh parsley, so sprinkled some dried parsley on top.
Terrible photo, but the shrimp have been added and also a small lemon wedge. Basil leaf would've been perfect- but I didn't have any.
They are pretty, stand up on their own, crunchy, and fun! 
Meanwhile, look what arrived in the mail!  I was very sick on Sunday and Monday.  I actually had to CLOSE yesterday.  That doesn't happen very often to me.  Praise the Lord that we paid the mortgage this month- I have put my faith in God that He provides for our every need.  He even knocked our socks off with a couple of extras. 
Here is what I have been practicing in.  They are beautiful- and quite ambitious for me.
Yowza!  You must understand how frightening this is for someone who wears hunting socks and slippers for most of each work day.  I am VERY excited to get dressed up with my handsome hubby and go see what I consider to be Beethovens finest composition.   Happy Tuesday! ♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. Yum...those look good!
    What a wonderful gift...have a fun time, just be careful in those heels! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I just got my first pair of big girl heels this past year - you'll get used to them in a jiffy! =)

    ReplyDelete