1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

What kid doesn't love marshmallows dipped in frosting?  Yesterday it was time to construct our gingerbread houses.
Yes, the mom had some construction difficulties and had to frosting a couple of pieces into place again.  Aren't these cute?  This is perfect size for children.  It won't take too long to decorate, and wont make them as sick when they eat the whole pint sized thing. ♥
"Which one do I get?"  The boys were anxious.  We waited for all of the kids to arrive.
I found this kit at Target.  Each December I look for it- one box with FIVE gingerbread houses.  SCORE!
We had gumdrops, crushed candy canes, mini jawbreakers, coconut shreds, peppermint patties, and I know I am missing something. ..
Oh yeah! Peanut brittle.  I think I just ate that, though- the kids didn't choose to use it. :)
I love to see what my Ethan puts together.  He pays attention to detail.  Like his mom.
 Decoration was in full swing!  We were jingling to Christmas music and sampling a little of this.. a little of that.. just enjoying each others conversation and company.  I felt overjoyed to have the house bustling with noise!  It has been pretty quiet around here this month.  (Still praying for more children.♥)
Ethans gingerbread church. ♥
Alexis with her gingerbread cottage.♥
Ethans pal Nathan with his gingerbread shack.  Upon arriving, he said he had hoped that this wasn't Cougar territory- I ensured him that this is a Husky house.  (He has his Husky sweatshirt on.)
A better view of Nathans shack. ♥
Aidens marshmallow gingerbread house.  Yes, he's back to being shirtless. ♥
Sabrina, working on her A frame chalet. ♥
Look who showed up after a couple of weeks absenteeism.  Chippy was NOT hibernating.  He still "knocks" on the cat door to get my attention.
 Here is Ethans church after an earthquake.  He couldn't wait to start eating it!  I thought it was clever that he had filled the inside of his church with marshmallows.  Smart guy, that Ethan!
Meanwhile, we woke up on the first day of winter (today) to what looked like a frosty wonderland.  Even Chloe ventured outside to see.  We have been waiting for the first day of winter- the kids get very excited for the change of seasons.  Contrary to a childs normal belief system, it does not snow just because it is winter.  They had to see it to believe me.  Finally.
For now, we are tucked away in Henle House, nice and warm. ♥  Happy Thursday! Today is my Friday.  For Christmas, I have given myself five days off, starting tomorrow.   Time to spend with my kids. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment