1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Koolaid Playdough

 Koolaid was my favorite drink as a child.  As a mom, I can't bring myself to pump my kids full of sugar.  So any Koolaid I buy goes into playdough.
 Here is the recipe I received during a 20 hour training session at Volunteers Of America.  Easy scented playdough.
 I don't recommend having the children help with this one, it involved boiling water. 
 Here is what it looked like after mixing it as much as I could.
 It's a very smooth playdough after kneading.  I flattened it out and let it cool before giving it to the kids.  The recipe was doubled this time, and it filled half of a gallon ziplock bag. 
 The girls were happy to "bake".  Yum, cherry playdough!

 One baked cookies..

One baked blueberry muffins.  Playdough is so awesome!  Happy Friday!  Symphony tonight for my handsome hubby and I.  CANNOT WAIT!♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. Does the color leech out at all? I remember kool-aid dying fingers/tongues/cheap plastic pitchers the color of the drink...does this not happen with the play-doh? I might have to actually buy kool-aid and try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ED's Wife, amazingly enough- it stays put! My hands were not even colored during the kneading process. I have not, however stored it in a tupperware so am not sure what would happen.

    ReplyDelete