1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Scrappy Aprons

I L♥VE APRONS!  A friend made this apron in the photo above and gifted it to me.  I think the crazier an apron is, the more I love it.
A couple of weeks ago, another friend blessed my socks off by bringing over two large garbage bags full of fabric.  I could not believe my eyes as I began to dig through the wide variety of fabrics- so many different designs- so many colors!  This was my lucky day because I had recently decided that I would like to make scrappy aprons to give out as Christmas gifts.  I would need to start NOW, because as  you may have noticed, I get very busy.
 I made it a point to find fabric that did not match- some scraps that would really grab some attention.
Strips were being cut out.  Just laying them out was very exciting to me.  Look at those awesome designs!
Honestly-  I may need to make one for myself and one so I can do a give away- ( Isn't that the blog thing to do?)
I found some fabric for the back of the aprons, too.  I love the stripes!  That fabric will also provide ties and ruffles for the bottom of the aprons.
 When I sew, I can't start until all pieces are cut out.  If I do it any other way- it will not be completed.  Everything is labeled with sticky notes so I don't get confused.  Organization is key.
SO much fabric to play with STILL! 
Meanwhile, my niece arrived yesterday morning with these cards in hand just for me because Monday morning I had a bit of an upset stomach.  She drew me some pineapples with arms and legs.  I feel much better now. ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment