1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Always Be Grateful

This morning was a tough one!  Everyone arrived at the same time.  Hungry.  Luckily, Adam was scrambling eggs, I had already pulled some chocolate chunk muffins out of the oven and had oranges ready to go before the house exploded with children.  I was also trying to be Superwoman and was quickly slicing and cinnamon sugaring sliced apples for batch #2 of dehydrated apples from our tree.  The kitchen was a mess, full of my hubby, our sons who were trying to help, ME, making my own mess, and hungry kids who were all begging for food as though they had not eaten a meal in their entire lives.  It was loud.
See that mess?  That is exactly How I felt!!   A MESS.   I suppose the thought of Superwoman did not help me today.. I had still not had my first cup of coffee.  Precious seconds it would take to pour it...
I was thinking it might be nice to be drifting away in the sky right about then!  That's desperate for me, I am scared of heights.
Then I saw the sign in our kitchen posted above the sink.  I knew upon hanging it that at some point I would need the reminder.  Yesterday my licensor came for a visit and I learned that several childcare businesses in our area are near empty.  I am incredibly blessed to be FULL.  I should be shouting joyful praises for the noise and mess and that God has provided us with all of this food to feed these kids!  I felt pretty bad for whining in my head about the mess and noise of it all this morning.
Thank you Lord for this childcare business!  It is my prayer that those childcare centers around me will flourish with children as well, in Jesus' name, Amen!   ALWAYS be grateful!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment