1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, October 7, 2011

A Big Project

When I worked at Kids Country in Monroe 7 years ago,  every fall in each classroom we began the project of creating calendars with the children as gifts for their parents at Christmas.  I really loved that project- it was so fun to come up with fun hand print art or photo art that would make each calendar unique.  I still have the calendars that my children made.  After missing that project for 7 years, I decided to purchase some blank calendars this year to create with my enrolled children at Henle House.  Here is where I purchased my blank calendars!  I like these because the numbers were not in it yet, so what I do not use this year can be used next year.
Since most of my clients read my blog, I am only going to share the art for the month of September, so the rest will be a surprise!  We collected some leaves on our way to the bus stop for a leaf rubbing.
Once the rubbings were completed, the kids painted over the whole page with watercolors.  We used red, yellow and orange.
Look how it makes the crayon pop!  We glued these into our blank calendars for the month of September.  Having different age groups AND a group of siblings has forced me to get creative so that the siblings calendars are each different.  This way they will all be unique.  Below are the rest of the September art projects.
I am very excited about this project! Have a wonderful Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment