1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Foot Ghost

Boooo! Watch out- this is a messy project!  A friend recently commented on my blog about how hard it is to allow a mess.  That hit so close to home- I struggle with allowing messy projects.  I have a tie die kit sitting in my garage because I am sure at some point we will tie die something cool, but not today because it's so messy... I suppose that is not one of my best qualities!  I am working on it and have gotten a little tiny bit better about messy projects.  Usually the messier it is, the more fun it is. (For them.)  THAT is what counts! We decided to make feet ghosts.
We laid out some newspaper and took off our socks and shoes.  "Are we REALLY going to step in paint?"
"Yes we ARE!"  Lay out a black piece of construction paper.  Pour some white paint onto a paper plate and spread it around on the plate with a paint brush to evenly coat it.
"Ok, now step.."
"Lift, and print!"   We learned the hard way that we needed a chair to hold onto to avoid losing balance with paint all over our foot...  Giant mess averted.
Each child created three foot ghosts in honor of the number three.  I then helped them sit down so I could use baby wipes to wipe off the painted foot.  It worked beautifully! (Yay- I get to clean!)
On to the table our ghosts went.  They would now receive eyes and a yowling mouth.
Each child wrote "Boo" on their papers- the letters looked beautiful!  We noted that the word boo has three letters.
It's good to make a mess sometimes! Have a wonderful Monday, we enjoyed our rainy morning bus stop. ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment